Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hong Kong by Boat " My Belles Choses"

     
     In these times where we are constantly bombarded with news of debt-ceiling deadlines, a struggling economy, a growing unemployment rate, it is calming almost peaceful to take a few minutes out of your busy day to look, to feel, to share "Belles Choses" Beautiful Things.
   
Take a few moments to look at the beauty of this Junk in Hong Kong. It was 10 years ago that I took a mid day sail on a traditional Chinese Junk along the Hong Kong Harbor.  The air was warm and humid that day as the bow of the boat bounced in the small wake of the waters. I could hear the swish of the waters as it lapped along the sides of the boat. I sat there really in a state of peace because I felt like we had just opened a window to the past.  There was a slight fishy smell along the waters, the hot humid breeze hit my face followed by a spray of water. I felt peace, only peace.

    Now that was a memory of my "Belles Choses".  Please share one of your beautiful things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment